RE: IML: 61 Imperial added info needed

Attention members.  I am selling my 61 Imperial due to lack of room. I bought the car to restore because I had found a home with a 6 car garage. We put a contract on the home and the seller accepted it, then flipped out and decided he wanted to rent it instead. I would not have purchased the car without proper space to do the work…..I was also going to buy the proper tools and fill my new garage with everything but a lift. I live in suburbia with a typical 3 car garage……..there will be other projects down the road…….So…….1961 Imperial. It has been ¾ striped and primed. There are 3-4 spots of rust on the lower doors. It was a Colorado car bought in Aug. last year. Al chrome has been removed except bumpers and one fin strip. There are no missing parts. I have the old grill, and a new one as well. There is a new rear bumper to replace the dented one(and rust hole) currently on the car. There were several other dented or broken pieces and I have the replacements for those as well. It has the 413 engine. It runs fine, but I think there is a rear end or tranny problem. I have driven the car around the block a few times. I bought all the extra parts from Bob up in Neb. Master cylinder has a leak. I have put 71 hours of work stripping. The first $5700 gets the car. I am going to put it on Ebay…………if you are interested, you can email me directly ………funnybones442@xxxxxxxxx…………….Carter Buschardt./

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, January 20, 2008 10:58 PM
To:
Subject: IML: 61 Imperial added info needed

A serial number issue has showed up. It seems there are 61 Imperials with the 4th digit either being a 3 or a 4. A 4 means built in Detroit and a 3 is Jefferson Assembly. Jefferson was to be Imperials and Detroit was other makes mixed with Imperials. Will be checking further to confirm as we go.
   Also have discovered that a few people were told they had a Crown and it is a Custom instead according to the serial number. So, when sending all this info, do a serial as such: example as my 61 LeBaron: 9313-187059.  By adding the dash it will help to confuse the theifs if any, thinking a digit is missing.
   I will add info needed inquiries as things proceed to make this efficient. I will be doing other years, bt at present, I don't want an overload and I would like to do all the years if possible. joe machado