Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 10:04 PM
Subject: Re: IML: 59 413 engine color

He is my potential father in law, and I think you are right, so I will listen to him and then follow your advice. Thanks, David ----- Original Message ----- From: "PAUL WENTINK" <randalpark@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 9:03 AM

You should probably replace or rebuild the pump, but this engine was
not short on oil pressure, so a higher pressure unit is not necessary.
The original pump was capable of more than what was required. Low oil
pressure in these cars is usually caused by worn rod bearings. The 413
was pretty much over built in all respects such as cooling,
lubrication, and longevity in general.

Who is advising you? Are they familiar with the specifications for this
engine? Some of the questions sound like they are coming from someone
who equates these engines to the quality of much older design, like an
old FOMOCO Lincoln Zephyr V-12.

Paul W.