RE: IML: Imperial 413 Engine gaskets

Can someone weigth in on sourcres for good 59 413 engine gaskets that are close to the original gaskets, cork etc. Also which gaskets should one use gasket sealer with? I have heard many different opinions on that topic.

In a previous email I mentioned that there was water in  my oil. It turns out that the heads were very slightly warped. so I am assuming that water escaped around the gasket without

actually damaging the head gasket.

FelPro makes everything you need.  You will probably have to go to a supplier that has “the old guy”tm who knows how to use a catalog to look them up for you.  You do have to buy the valve cover gaskets separately as they do not offer the four bolt version in any kit.  I put some sealer on the ends of the valley pan rubbers (front and back) and around the edges where the timing cover and oil pan come together.  Other than that the gaskets should seal if you have clean undamaged surfaces.  If you have some “not so good surfaces” use a little sealer.

                   Steve B.