Re: IML: 'Floating Power'

Back around 1978, I worked at a Texaco Service Station. The owners had a nice '68 Imperial 2 door. One day, it came into the bay to have the driver's side motor mount replaced, as it had separated. I dutifully lifted the car, and supported the engine with a transmission jack, removing the old mount in two pieces. Then it got fun. I tried to put the new mount in, but no matter how hard I tried, there simply wasn't enough room between the engine block and the frame mount! I would up breaking a piece of the cast block (ear) off trying to pry it. Man, did I feel like an idiot that day...

David C. Wilker Jr.
USAF (RET)