From: Rob van der Es <r.vdes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 11:57 pm
Subject: Re: IML: 'Floating Power'

Allright Paul,

I had a close look at mine yesterday evening, and they are both in bad condition on my 60 Imp!  The central metal " ear " has not become fully loose yet, but I don't think it won't last for another driving season.
Both rubbers are detoriated and cracked severely!
The reason might be that I don't see a heatshield!

Where there originally heathshields on the engine mounts in 1960 or did they come in later years?  More important, if I want to use them are they still available on the market today?

Thanks,

Robert
----- Original Message ----- From: "PAUL WENTINK" <randalpark@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2008 1:33 AM

I paid a local Chrysler Dealer to do it back in the 1970's, and I think
they only charged me for an hour of labor. The second time it was done
at a transmission shop when they were working on something else. They
didn't charge me very much either. I had the mounts replaced in the '63
about five years ago by the same transmission shop during the
transmission servicing, and replacement of the drive shaft center
bearing insulator, which had also broken in that car.

Even though the mounts are the same, certain Imperials seem to have
more trouble with this than others. The mounts in my both of my 1960's
and the '62 are original and not broken, while those in the '63 were,
and those in the '65 have broken numerous times.

I have never changed any of them myself, so I can't share any tricks,
but I don't think it is difficult.

Paul W.