From: Klebert L. Hall <crocuta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 2:45 pm
Subject: Re: IML: Engine mount failure

Subject: Re: IML: 'Floating Power'
From: PAUL WENTINK <randalpark@xxxxxxx>

Once the mounts break, the engine will drop about 4 inches.
If only one breaks, the engine will drop on one side. This
will be apparent from looking at the position of the engine
under the hood. There is an accompanying vibration, and
usually also added noise or rumble. If the
car is equipped with factory air, the fan blades will strike
the lower radiator shroud (been there-done that). If driven
under these circumstances, I suspect drive line damage could
occur over time due to the misalignment issue.

  Something else that regularly occurs in this circumstance with B/RB cars is that you hit a bump and the oil filter smashes on the frame crossmember right under it. All the oil pours out (often w/o smoke), very bad.

  -Kle.
  '69 Crown 4DHT (in mothballs)