Re: IML: cast iron welder in SE?

In reading the email I believe the machine shop should take some responsibility if they charged you for machineing a blick that was cracked especialy since they manafluxed it. they should machine another block for you for free. And you shouldent bother with the cracked block call lowell howe (209) 892-3464 he will definatly have a 59 block and probably have a good runing engine and good imperial conversation to boot. Sonny Moorehouse ----- Original Message ----- From: "PAUL WENTINK" <randalpark@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 7:25 PM
Subject: Re: IML: cast iron welder in SE?

Hmmm, I think you should replace the block. There are lots of sources
listed on the OIC web site. Imperials with 413's don't have matching
serial numbers, but are designated by year. I am thinking that your car
was a '59. There should be some '59 413's out there, if you care about
the serial number. If not, since you are going through all this
trouble, I would recommend that you buy a rebuilt long block for the
car, or buy another engine and have it rebuilt.

IMHO, repairing cracked blocks is usually a last resort for rare
unobtainable replacements. I don't believe that a 413 is in that
category.

Paul W.