Re: IML: Safety and Righthand Outside R.V. Mirror

Re: IML: Safety and Righthand Outside R.V. Mirror

One exception is the Crown Coupe.  It has the smaller rear window of the LeBaron.  I have had no difficulty seeing out of it, though.  I do have a passenger side RVM which I hope to install this week.

Doug Norton
1964 Crown Coupe
1969 Pontiac Grand Prix
2004 Chrysler Sebring Convertible (huge HUGE blind spot at the C "pillar" when the top is up)

On Feb 10, 2008 4:16 PM, Klebert L. Hall <crocuta@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 > Subject: Re: IML: Safety and Righthand Outside R.V. Mirror
 > From: PAUL WENTINK <randalpark@xxxxxxx>
 >
 > Although I prefer to have a right hand outside rearview mirror, I
 > seldom depend on it for the safety of my driving, especially the
 > hopelessly inadequate ones which were optional for our cars.
 > Interestingly, they were not even available for years on most cars.
 > Other things such as slightly/quickly turning our head to look was the
 > recommended means to the end of not hitting another car while changing
 > lanes.

   That's one reason I tend to prefer Crowns / Customs to LeBarons -
bigger rear window, smaller 'c' pillar, better visibility.

   Over the years, and even today, many Chrysler products have had
large 'c' pillars and large blind spots. Crowns and Customs always
bucked this trend though.

   -Kle.
   '69 Crown 4DHT (plenty of visibility)

-----------------  http://www.imperialclub.com  -----------------