IML: Unrestored!!!! Jay Leno's 1967 Imperial

IML: Unrestored!!!! Jay Leno's 1967 Imperial

I mentioned to club members a few days back Jay Leno's Imperial. The video is now out and can be viewed at:

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/video_player.shtml?vid=218789

This is a beautiful car. I found interesting that the original owner had purchased two-of-everything  parts when he purchased the car. That means Jay has quite a NOS parts inventory to keep the car going and looking fresh. Note how he kept it original in the trunk -including the cardboard wheel well liners that Chrysler used (which I always thought looked cheap but was consistent with the approach to trunk trim followed by Cadillac and Lincoln at that time too.) I was impressed that Jay kept the motor original despite a total rebuild (he seems to have a weakness when it comes to showing restraint in applying new technology to increase power in his cars.) Of course, it may have some tweaks, as the popularity of the 440 makes it possible to increase smoothness and power just with available pistons, aluminum heads, etc. that do not change the external appearance. Anyway, this has to be among the most beautiful examples of an unrestored '67 out there. Was anyone in the club involved with Jay's project? (He sometimes contacts car-specific experts when he fixes/restores his cars -and references them in the video -but not in this case).

Bill P.
Colchester, VT
In search of a '67/'68 Chrysler Imperial