RE: IML: LED lights

i got direct plug in replacements from:
http://www.ledtronics.com/

From: mann340s@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

All,

If you are interested, willing to tinker and waste a few dollars, and can solder, make your own LED lamps.  I have not, but have been working on a mosquito light trap using LED’s.  They use far less energy and are much cheaper than the UV lamps in the available traps.  They are probably much cheaper than those you may see advertised ready made.  They’ve been easy to work with, and of course, you can have your own cool colors if you prefer.

LED’s soldered to a base you already have may provide some options if you have very hard to find/expensive lamps to replace.

I bought mine at the site linked below.  Of course, you may find an LED setup already available with the base you need and the output you want.  If anyone can point to other similar sources, that might help as well (and might help me locate just that right LED to attract the mosquito I’m after.)

http://www.superbrightleds.com/

One problem I found with LED’s is that they tend to be unidirectional – they cast light in a fairly narrow beam.  I tried a single unit made of five LED’s.  In it, four are in one plane, and point if four directions; the fifth is perpendicular to the rest.  It works for mosquitoes.

Michael