IML: FW: Air shocks etc

From: sosmi@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Air shocks etc
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 13:18:55 +0000
One thing to consider when using a shock to correct the vehicle height, the shock supports are now carrying some vehicle weight, which they were not designed for. I broke the upper support on a 69 T&C wagon, doing just that. No question it was used as a truck, sometimes with two engines loaded in the back, and towing heavy loads. The right way is to refurbish the springs. Just another thought. Dave.