IML: my 1961 Imperial wirering burned up

IML: my 1961 Imperial wirering burned up

The other day while driving my car at night suddenly I lost all power and my car filled with smoke. I noticed that both wires going to my amp meter and one wire to my ignition. burned up . what could have cause this to happen ?? any place I should look first I was thinking maybe it was the voltage regulator any clues thanks