Re: IML: Sagging Imperial Rear Ends

Hi Frank....as some IML members have mentioned ESPO's is one great source for new rear leaf springs. Do a search for them on the internet and just give them a call. I had ordered new leafs for my '66 convertible along with new shackles and bolts. since i am in southern California the shipping was a lot more than when I was back in NJ, but the product itself fit perfect! They also have a catalog you can ask them for although if its not in the catalog they sometimes STILL can provide the parts if you call aand ask them. Very easy to do business with!
Dan Melnik

---- frank.foley@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi and reading these emails is getting me curious about leaf spring on
Imperials in general, my 62 is also sagging, which I was blaming on
shocks.  Does someone like Kanter make OEM leaf springs?  and is the rear
leafs on Imperials from 57 -66 basically the same?

When leaf springs are correct, the car does handle supprisingly better,
especially on a large heavy vehicle.

Just thought I would throw that out there,

Thanks,

Frank