Sent: Friday, February 29, 2008 3:00 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: 69 front end kit

In the perpetual search for parts for old Imperials, and mine is only a 69 so parts are probably more available than for most, I was just doing some internet searching for front end parts.

The performannce suspension site (below) lists a complete front end kit for a 1969 Imperial for $480. They do not list what this kit contains, but they have a 1-800 number to call. Usually if the information is not on the web site I do not call, but his peaked my interest. The kit contains the four ball joints, all four tie rod ends, the idler arm and the upper and lower control arm bushings. The web site states that the bushings are polyurethane, but the person I talked to said that they are regular rubber. Having priced some of these items separately, the $480 seems like a pretty good deal.

Has anyone purchased one of these kits?
http://www.performancesuspension.com/Browse-by-Vehicle-CHRYSLER-IMPERIAL-1969/c1_7131_7367_7381/p5922/Graphite-Polyurethane-Performance-Front-End-Rebuild-Kit/product_info.html

Fred Joslin