Re: IML: Sure Brake ABS for '71 Imperial

Re: IML: Sure Brake ABS for '71 Imperial

Ah

I forgot about the tone rings in the front rotors. They looked awfully similar to the tone wheels that my 90 Town Car had. Basically, they are press-fit into standard rotors. If you are extremely careful, you may be able to remove the rings from the old rotors and press them into new ones, or have a machine shop duplicate them. They looked like brass or bronze. I think that the pickups were Hall effect, just like they are today. You might be able to match up something that's currently available. The three modulators and the analog differential amp in the trunk that controls the system will be tough to repair or rebuild.

Best regards,
Frank

Best regards,
Frank