IML: Area Imperial Meets

Henry Hopkins wrote:

"OK, but what about the regional clubs for Imperial. We have two in CA, North and South, and we gather yearly for a statewide meet, this year in Bakersfield, 4/24 to 4/27."

"Seems to me there might be a disconnect between participating on the
computer and participating in events with our cars."

Yes there can be issues with organizing area Imperial events, however,
the IML can be used to announce such coming events and then details can
be worked out with individual e-mail exchanges.  The Texas group did
this last year for a get-together in the Austin area.  The initial post
went out over the IML and then we communicated with individual e-mails
to decide on where to meet before the show etc.  A great time was had
in spite of the fact that none of us had Imperials that were roadworthy
at the Texas Classic Car show.  We did meet with Mark Evans and viewed
his '63 Imperial Crown convertible and '68 Dodge Polara convertible.
We had two meals together which gave us time to visit with one another more.

Have fun!

Joe

begin:vcard
fn:Joe Strickland
n:Strickland;Joe
adr;dom:;;1021 Vaughan Lane;Tioga;Texas;76271
email;internet:jwstrick426@xxxxxxxxxx
version:2.1
end:vcard