Please Welcome Donn Reese

New Subscriber(s): Donn Reese
Email Address is: dreese@xxxxxxxx
Member Location: Anchorage, Alaska

Car(s) owned: Non at present, but collecting "stuff" for a future purchase.

Self-Introduction: Hello,

I have been watching this website for a couple years, what a fantastic well
of information.  I finally decided to join since I enjoy the site so much
and must confess to a minor passion for the cars.

I am a previous Imperial owner, having purchased a 1962 LeBaron in Anchorage
in 1985.  It had 32k original miles on it and all the evidence suggested it
had sat in a yard for many years.  It was in good condition except for
surface rust that seemed to be everywhere not painted or chromed.  The
wiring especially gave me some trouble over the years.  I still kept my
other car (1975 Cordoba) for winter driving, but the Imperial saw a lot of
driving, even in cold weather.  It handled better on ice than the Cordoba.

After just a few minor repairs it ran beautifully.  However, I made the
mistake of driving it out to Phoenix while going to college (kids can be so
foolish).  While there I had more serious troubles with the brakes and
transmission, not to mention not having A/C could be murder throughout most
of the year there.  Sadly, with school taking all my time and funds, I just
couldn't keep it any longer and had to trade down to a more up to date car
in 1990.

As you might imagine, I've missed the car ever since.  I vowed a few years
ago to find another one and have come close to buying a couple recently.  A
friend of mine bought a 1960 Crown here in Anchorage a few years back.  He's
been unwilling to part with it so far.

Thanks for such a fun website,
Donn