Coker Problems - An Alternative?

I've been following this ongoing discussion for the last few days and
couldn't resist throwing my two cents in.

In their defense, while I did not purchase tires from Coker, I did speak with
them a couple of times last fall while researching tires for my '56 and found
them to be helpful and reasonably knowledgeable.  The tires I ended up
purchasing came from Diamond Back Classics (they come up very quickly in a
Google
search).  Diamond Back only offers radials which for me was a plus (no flames
please, we've already debated bias-ply vs radials and each has its pluses and
followers) and they while they have several standard white wall widths that
they
offer, they will make any size you request in 1/8" increments.

Diamond Back's standard tire is an off brand model made by Goodrich, I
believe.  However, for those who want to go a step further and get the best
possible
tire, Diamond Back will substitute any tire from any manufacturer that you
specify so long as they can get it from their supplier.  This is what I did,
selecting Goodyear Regatta 2 in the P235R17/15 size which allowed me to
purchase
a spare directly from tirerack.com which matches the performance of the rest
of the set without costing as much (I'm not looking to win shows at this point
so I'm not concerned about the unmatched spare's appearance).

Hope this is helpful.

Jeff
'56 Sedan
Trenton, NJ