Getting started on the '58 Southampton, questions

Getting started on the '58 Southampton, questions

>I'll welcome all advice, admonitions and musings from the Club.  Thanks
>for all of the guidance you've given so far.

You have the torque converter between the transmission and engine that would prevent the trans from locking the engine.  I would imagine that you have a brake issue or the parking brake is engaged/hung up making the car hard to move.  In case you don’t know already the parking brake on your car works off a separate drum on the back of the transmission instead of by cables activating the rear brakes like you might expect.

Good luck getting the engine to turn.  I believe you will succeed in this… Just use lots of oil in the cylinders and take it slowly.

            Steve B.