Chrysler AirFoil Wiper Blades

The air foil wiper blades that Chrysler used as standard equipment back then was unique to Chrysler products and generally not supported in the replacement parts end of things.  The blade assembly should disengage from the arm unit at the pivot point.  Possibly some hidden tang to depress or something?

I have observed that the quality of replacement wiper blade inserts has seemed to deteriorate in the past decades.  Nothing like back when Anco and Trico were their own companies.  On your existing blades, make sure they are not kinked or slightly twisted such that when the new inserts are installed, everything lays in there smoothly and "straight" of wiping edge.

Stateside, there might be some NOS parts vendors that might have new blade assemblies to fit your vehicle.  Some of the muscle car blades might fit too, but be not quite so long compared to the Imperial's blades.

Converting your existing wiper arm/blade unit might be an option, but it would take some careful measuring and eyeballing to make sure they would work correctly, park correctly, and not hit the left hand windshield pillar at full sweep.  I suspect the mounting stub might be the same diameter for many years and also for non-Chrysler products, but finding a arm  with the correct length and angularity would be the trick.  All of the newer vehicles up here seem to be going to the shepard's hook style of arm, in black, and use wiper blade assemblies are very industrial in design, plus stick up pretty high too.

Just some thoughts,
W Bell