hitches on '68 Imps

Bob and Kate, these plans are necessary only if you plan to do super-heavy duty
towing.  I think the owner's manual says that the installation is neessary if
the trailer is something like 5,000#s or more (Kate, please confirm the exact
number, I don't have the owner's manual close by).  For smaller/lighter
trailers, a simpler installation like the one described in another post will
do.

As a side note, the "towing package" Imperial (that had rated towing capacity
comparable to probably a modern 1 ton pickup, may be more) consisted of the
trailer installation that Kate is talking about, and stiffer rear suspension.
Also, AC was not available w/ the package as the place of the AC condenser was
taken by a transmission cooler of similar size to the consenser (they may have
been the same part!).

D^2