hitches on '68 Imps

> As a side note, the "towing package" Imperial (that
> had rated towing capacity
> comparable to probably a modern 1 ton pickup, may be

The 440, of course, would pull a whale, the limiting
factor is the size of the car.  Fortunately, being
nearly 5000 pounds itself, the Imperial is a good
towing platform and would probably tow 6000 to 7000
pounds without much difficulty, as long as the trailer
was properly loaded and had its own brakes.

Trucks are inherently better tow vehicles, since they
have body on frame construction, but this is all
relative.  If I wanted to tow a 15,000 pound horse
trailer, I would buy the 1 ton dually.

> Also, AC was not available w/ the package as the
> place of the AC condenser was
> taken by a transmission cooler of similar size to
> the consenser (they may have been the same part!).

Yellow Eagle has both the AC condensor and an
aftermarket tranny cooler.  With stiffer springs and a
receiver hitch, it would be a fine tow vehicle, and I
may be using it as such in the future.  Does anyone
know of any specific hitches that will fit that you
can buy at WalMart, Pep Boys, etc?  Class III.

=====
--Mike Pittinaro

One point eight litres
Stromberg carburators sing