Attention Dave in Arizona, Plus a '68 Question

Attention Dave in Arizona, Plus a '68 Question

I know I'm not supposed to do this, but I need Dave in Arizona to contact
me. Our old computer bit the dust this past weekend and I still haven't
rescued any files from the old hard drive, including my address book.

To get this on topic, I would appreciate some advice on installing the
engine and transmission into a '68. Since neither are in the car at the
moment, any suggestions on which to install first...the chicken or the egg,
er, the engine or the transmission? This is going to be the first time I
have ever installed these components in a car that did not have a removable
transmission cross member.

I'm also grateful about the "heads up" on the number seven spark plug. A
retired mechanic I know had encountered this sort of thing over the years.
He still has some spark plug sockets he ground (the outside diameter) down
for reaching into tight quarters.

K.