1960 dash lights / AC compressor

>Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 07:00:19 -0700 (PDT)
>
>The dash lights on my '60 shut off sometimes. When this happens, I gently
press
>against the headlamp switch and they come back on. How do I remedy this?
>A new headlamp switch? Thanks for any info.
>Jim Brown

     Sounds like a new switch is in order. The dash light dimmer is built
into the headlight switch on the '60, right?

>Can someone recommend a source/rebuilder for the A/C on my '60?
>It has been off the car for s ome time and I want it back on and working
>correctly for next summer. It is VERY heavy! Thanks.
<snip>
>The compresor was removed a few years back.
>Apparently, the car would stall every time the A/C was turned on.
 >
>Right now, I'm just gathering info.
>Thnaks for any help.
>Jim Brown

    I'd try Kleen Core Radiator in Pawtucket, Jim. They're at 844 Mineral
Spring Avenue, 728-3690. They can be kind of crusty and difficult to take
from time to time, but they're the best in the area to my knowledge. Your
best bet is probably to just drive over there some morning and stand around
until somebody has time to talk to you - they have _way_ more business than
they need. I don't know if they rebuild compressors or not (sounds like
yours is seized) , but if not they can tell you where to go. I'll be taking
my '69 there eventually (when I have cash and courage enough) to see if the
Auto-Temp I can be brought back from the dead.
    Best of luck.
    -Kle.
    '69 Crown 4DHT