55 ignition problems

If everything was working before you did the work in the Distributor and now
nothing your problem must be in the distributor area. Do you have spark at any
of the other plugs? Did you maybe mess up the number 1 spark plug wire? I
wouldnt panic until you double check all of those. I put new wires on my 56
once and I was off 1-spot on the cap. I spent days trying to figure it out.
Then one day I noticed by looking at a picture I was off on the wires.
Tim