Re: IML: Great collection of Imperials for sale

Re: IML: Great collection of Imperials for sale

Interesting comments - just listed my '63 Lebaron on Ebay. My listing had over 1520 viewings, 8 individuals put it on their watch list and several emails. In the end - after 7 days - not one bid. I started the bidding at $2850.00 - with no reserve - and yes it runs.

Drake Rickertsen <ct_drakeula@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I agree with what a previous response to the Ebay Motors site. Ebay has turned into an online garage sale. I dont even consider it to be an online flea market bacause if it was then you would get higher premiums for just about anything. I've been selling on Ebay for 3 years already and it seems to be getting worse on final sell price. Only sell on Ebay if you are prepared to take a big loss or dont mind wasting listing fees. I've sold alot of small ticket items on their site and pushing a $20 sale is tough unless you have something very special that hardly ever ends up on Ebay. When I get my 1960 Chrysler Imperial Sedan completely restored from the frame up I would have to be out of my mind to Ebay this rare car. When I finally complete this rare beauty I will have appx. $25,000 in full restoration. I can only imagine what the big spending Ebayers would be prepared to offer me. Be prepared to lose atleast $50 to Ebay for listing fees with a bunch of chump bids if you plan only selling off your baby!!

Best Regards,

Ct. Drakeula

DONALDDICKINSOND@xxxxxx wrote:
E-bay currently has the largest collection of Imperial cars for sale that I have seen, a total of 26 cars!  To access these as a group first enter "Chrysler Imperial" as the basic search then sort by "Price: Highest First".

Do you Yahoo!?