Sent: Thursday, September 30, 2004 1:49 PM
Subject: Re: IML: Ebay alternative for Imperials?

Jerry, sorry to hear you are having difficulty selling your car.
I should prob. do this off line to you directly, but will share with the list.
My 53 is finally coming along nicely, I drove it around town aprox. 45 mi. or so, the car is a joy to drive.  For a 51 yr old car it is amazing!  There are some really nice features built into this car, especially when you consider it was 1953.
There is a position on the light sw that turns on an illuminating light for the ign sw.  The R L N D on the column are also light up at night!  A trip odometer, Dimmer sw. for the dash lights, as well as the  obvious stuff, elec seats/windows.
I love driving it, call me a little kid, but it is a sweet ride for its age.  I am working on the body work, sanding, getting ready for paint.  Have all the chrome, short of the fr. bummer and grill done.  Will have around $1000.00 in re chroming.  The stuff looks good when done, like new.  The seats, and door panels are done for the upholstery, looks to be around $1000.00 or more when carpet and head liner are done.  Need a bit of work on the brakes, the only leak (of any type of fluid) is the front pass. side wheel cylinder brake.  Otherwise she is road worthy!
I will keep you posted w/more details off-line!
PS  I need to update the web master for this site, as the car on the 53 home page is my car.  It is listed as "Leonard and Mary's 53 Crown"  the light blue one.