IML: 71 brake problem and other years

About a year ago, I replaced the power brake booster on my '65 Crown Coupe.  I also replaced some of the wheel cylinders as there was leakage evident.  For a while, I had the most annoying problem of driving for a short while and having the brakes lock up.  I had to wait for the brakes to cool off before I could drive it home.  I finally took the booster off and went back to the parts house to exchange it and upon comparing, found that the mounting hole for the brake pedal arm was located farther away from the booster.  So, the brakes were applied all the time until they heated up and expanded--and locked up.  With the correct booster, all is well.  You can't rely on your parts house to always come up with the correct part. It's called caveat emptor--let the buyer beware.

Check your booster to make sure it's correct.

Cheers,

Roger