Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2004 5:17 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: 48 drum problem

My new Firestone tires arrived today.  Hurrah!  :-)  However, one thing leads to another.....

Unfortunately the right front wheel is locked up.  I want to look inside to check the status of the brakes and can't remember how I got the hub cap off....I'm not talking decorative cap I'm talking the small cap on the hub.  There is a nice description of brakes on the Website but it doesn't address removing the cap.

I think I took a screwdriver to loosen it but then I think that was a different car, maybe a '57 Ford. This cap looks like the a large wrench will screw it off but I don't want to attempt that until I know exactly what I'm doing.   If it does screw off, when I look at the left drum should I assume it will have RH threads and not LH like the lug bolts?

Ned     '48 Crown Imperial