RE: IML: Job number "next" - hub

You’re on the right course here, just keep on tuggin’!

I agree, the cars always look wrong to me when they have too low a profile – you’ll grow to like the authentic look of it with the right tires on it.

Dick Benjamin

By the way, the new Firestone 890x15 tires arrived and I've had two of them mounted on the rims.  They are HUGE!  They stand about an inch higher than the pickup tires!  However, I forgot to mention the "beauty rims" and when they bbalanced them they put the weights in the front so I'll have to take them back and have them redo it or loose the beauty rims which makes the limo look pretty elegant.  The 5" whitewalls on the larger tires look GREAT!  There is still plenty of "black left on the outer edge and that's what I was afraid might be lost.  NOT SO!  The limo was so low with the 8/20x15" that were on it when I bought it in 1962 that I really had to be careful of dragging. The undercarriage.  With the new original size tires that's going to make a HUGE difference!  I should have done this years ago but the lower profile did give a look of sleekness that I'm sure is going to bother me until I get used to the elevated body due to the HUGE tires.

Ned     '48 Crown Imperial