Re: IML: Looking for old hemi(?) air cleaners

Re: IML: Looking for old hemi(?) air cleaners

David:

I believe there are two different oval air cleaners used by Chrysler on the performance (not necessarily hemi) cars.  The ones in the phto look like they are the deeper cleaners and would be the ones found on the 58 and possibly 59 Plymouths with two 4 barrel carbs.  I believe they were also used on the 58 and possibly 59 300's.  A second, shallower, air cleaner was used on the 62 300 H and perhaps others.  I believe these have been reproduced by someone in the 300 club.  I don't know if they are still available and I don't recall who did the work.  Someone will no doubt remember.

Good luck.

                                                                    Rolland Westra