IML: Please WELCOME A New Member, Pete Arno (1962)

IML: Please WELCOME A New Member, Pete Arno (1962)

New Subscriber(s): Pete Arno
Email Address is: petearno@xxxxxxxxx
Member Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan

Car(s) owned: 1962 Crown 2 dr convertible (cream with brown interior, brown top)

Self-Introduction: This beast was my grandpas, he was the third owner, and upon his passing its fate was to be put in a classics museum. With much careful negotiation i was able to keep it in the family, as this car is really the best representation and memory of my grandpa i can think of, and the car was handed down to me. Im 17, and the car is located in a pole barn 3 hours from where i live and go to school, so i dont spend nearly as much time with the girl as i wish i could. My goal is to get it back home before this winter really kicks in. She's in great cosmetic shape (scratch here, little rust there, but still has original paint and imperfections arent very noticible) It starts reliably, but has an overheating problem and wiring problems that require the battery being disconnected each time i turn it off. Before i go to school next year i want to have her in good running order so others can keep her up while im not around. plans for the new future include replacement !
headlights, possible re-chroming, and a complete block flu
sh (which i hope will fix the overheating, as i've already replaced the radiator, hoses, thermostat and water pump)