Re: IML: Please WELCOME A New Member, Ed Buitenwert (1968)

Re: IML: Please WELCOME A New Member, Ed Buitenwert (1968)

Ed,

Think you made a good choice in getting a 68 convertible.  A 68 convertible was also my first Imperial, liked the car so much that I started buying other 68's.   If you only got 8 miles per gallon think something is wrong, your car should do better than that, even at 75 MPH.  Around town, starting and stopping, you should get at least 10 MPG, then the mileage goes up on the open road.  Your car may need a complete tune and a carb overhaul.  Good Luck,

Bill/Imp, 68's