Sent: Sunday, October 24, 2004 3:05 PM
Subject: Re: IML: Its Alive!!!!!

Hi Tim,
It sounds like your 56 hasn't run for a day or two.
Just a thought about the fuel pump and other things
you  need to do.  First take off the fuel pump, take
it apart and clean the rubber parts with WD-40.  This
well clean and soften the diaphragm.  Next blow out
the fuel lines back toward the tank.  Then drain the
tank, drop it and have it hot tanked.  this will save
you a lot of trouble in the long run.  I also ran Sea
Foam through the carburetor.  It cleans out alot of
the sludge from the old gas.  Then run Marvel Mystery
Oil in the gas for a few tanks of gas and all of the
other problems will disappear.  I worked great for the
last two cars I did.  I burned my old gas to get rid
of it.  We can do that here.  Other places this might
not be the case.  I no longer have problems with my
55.  We take it on long trips all of the time.  To
date no problems.  Good luck.
RC Billings, Montanaaaaa

<timhulse@xxxxxxx> wrote:
My neighbors have been watching me for a couple of
weeks now bent over in the mouth of the 56 Imperial
thinking I was crazy. Put new plugs in it, new
points,cap, rotor and changed the oil. Couldn't take
it anymore so I filled the carb with about 8 oz of
gas and hit the starter. It blew smoke and hay and
what ever else out the exhaust and to my delight the
oil pressure jumped up between med and high.
Tomorrow sometime I will put a new fuel pump on it
and see if I can keep her running and see what I
got. I started it about six times and by the 4th try
the smoke was gone and no more critters blew out the
exhaust. As you know a hemi will only run on 4oz of
gas for about 10 seconds. YAHH

BABBYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tim Bakersfield CA

===== RC Billings, Montanaaaaaa

http://www.imperialclub.com/temp/1955/RogerCrabtree/

Find local movie times and trailers on Yahoo! Movies. http://au.movies.yahoo.com