Re: IML: 74 tilt steering

Brad is right, the tilt and tilt/tele columns were (GM) Saginaw units
starting in 1967 (first year for the collapsible design). I would venture a
guess that if they interchanged, Mother Mopar would not have fit a different
wheel design when you ordered the adjustable steering column.

In fact, my '72 Charger has the most expensive steering option you could get
that year (tilt wheel with RimBlow horn) and yet it was the only fitment of
a non-color-keyed steering wheel in any B-body. (It's basically a black
Imperial wheel with a Dodge badge on the pad.) That's because none of the
interiors colors matched except black, so they parts-binned the C-body wheel
that fit the Saginaw column.

I don't think you'll find a single example of a late-60s or 70s Mopar where
the factory didn't use a different steering wheel when the tilt or
Tilt-A-Scope column was used than with the fixed-position column. It does
make it easy at a glance to recognize the cars on eBay with non-adjustable
steering columns!

Chris in LA
78 NYB Salon
67 Crown