Re: IML: 1960 Transmission

Quoting Wayne Michaels <baker-michaels@xxxxxxx>:

> with a quote of $3600.00 because they do need a couple of hard parts and say
> they have to cut the converter open to rebuild it and weld it back together.

There are rebuilt converters for a couple of hundred bucks.  The rebuild shops
do exactly that, they cut them open, replace parts, and re-assemble them.  But
they do it in a "production line" type of way, and that's why its so cheap.  I
am sure these shop people knew about that, they just thought they could fool
you.  Be carefull to not piss them off though.  They can easily harm you by
"loosing" or damaging parts.  Also, its often tricky for a mechanic to assemble
something if he was not the person to take it apart.  So, under the
circumstances, you could consider finding the converter yourself, give it to
them, and ask them to finish the job.

D^2