Re: IML: Back Light Problem with my 1993...

on 14/11/04 15:39, Brad Hogg at roadhogg@xxxxxxx wrote:

> These are exactly related.  The mirror will not dim while the car is in
> reverse.  Apparently the reverse circuit thinks that the transmission is in
> reverse.  There might be a switch or relay problem.  I'll try to look that
> up in my electrical FSM and scan some diagrams that will help you
> troubleshoot the issue.

Brad,

That would be great and would save me another trip to the mechanic.
Although, I just went out to check the fuses. I gave a shot to the "force
dim" on the rearview mirror and I could clearly see that the mirror did dim.
The backup light is still on, however, so I removed the fuse for it and now
it won't turn on at all...

-Laurent.