Re: IML: Back Light Problem with my 1993...

on 14/11/04 16:27, Laurent Daudelin at laurentdaudelin@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> on 14/11/04 15:39, Brad Hogg at roadhogg@xxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> These are exactly related.  The mirror will not dim while the car is in
>> reverse.  Apparently the reverse circuit thinks that the transmission is in
>> reverse.  There might be a switch or relay problem.  I'll try to look that
>> up in my electrical FSM and scan some diagrams that will help you
>> troubleshoot the issue.

Further development on my problem. I went under the car and started
inspecting around the transmission. I found 2 connectors. I wiggled both of
them, tried to push them harder.

Went back checking the mirror. Brad, you were right! I guess there might be
some kind of loose contact or something because now, the backup light only
comes on when the transmission is in reverse. As you mentioned, Brad, the
mirror will stop dimming as soon as I shift in reverse.

So, I know that one of the switch must be the backup switch but I don't know
which one is which. Further, what happen when you remove it? Is the
transmission fluid going to start flowing out?

Thanks, Brad, for your reply.

-Laurent.