IML: NOS headliner available for 67/68s

I've just gotten off the phone with Acme Auto Headlining, of Long Beach CA.
I've dealt with this company for over 30 years, and have always been
impressed with their quality of product and their attention to detail and
customer satisfaction. Their headliners come ready to install, with the bow
pockets and seams all done for you - from the original manufacturer's
patterns.

These folks have been there since the invention of the wheel - it is a
large, family owned and run business that makes most of the headliners and
convertible tops you see being resold by other vendors

Now I've learned that they have scored a batch of NOS headliner material for
the 67/68s - and this IS the right stuff!  I'm sitting here at my 'puter
looking at a piece that came from them, comparing it with the original stuff
from my low mileage 67 that I am restoring - it is precisely the same, very
odd looking sort of grained plastic-y cloth (?).  I'm not really sure what
this stuff is, and I'd never seen it in any other car.  It is used in the
67/68s and perhaps other years; I had about given up on finding it.  I had
been to every fabric source I know of, and even enlisted two different
commercial decorators in trying to find something close, without success
until now.

So my advice to you, if you plan to renew your headliners, is to contact
Acme now - I spoke to Kristina at kristina@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to find
out if they have it in your color.  My car has the very dark blue interior,
so I know they have that.  To recover the inner "C" pillar panel, you'll
need an extra yard of the material, in addition to the headliner.  They have
the pattern for the headliner, complete with the bow pockets etc. but they
do not have the pattern for the "C" pillar panel.  However, that is a very
simple piece, requiring no stitching at all.  I have a commercial account
with them, so I cannot advise you on price - you'll have to get that from
them.

Dick Benjamin