IML: Electric Trunk Release

Hi Haley,
For more info on trunk releases for 1963, I found this link in the parts catalog. I think Chrysler went back and forth between electric and vacuum releases depending on year and division. Just one more piece of fascinating trivia.
http://www.imperialclub.com/Yr/1963/PartsBook/TrunkLid.htm

Eric
Portland, Oregon

Another mentioned a trunk release. There could be one, but in a semi recent
thread on the issue, it appeared that the 1st factory installation of trunk
releases were in 1963, and they were electric. Thats not to say that someone
couldn't have retrofitted one or originally used an aftermarket type.

They were vaccume in 67 and 68 I know for sure, because both of my cars have them? Does anyone else have a vaccume trunk release in their car?

-Hailey