RE: IML: Electric Trunk Release

The trunk releases in my 67 and 68 imperials have both been vacuum.

--Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, November 15, 2004 1:52 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: Electric Trunk Release

Hi Haley,
For more info on trunk releases for 1963, I found this link in the parts

catalog. I think Chrysler went back and forth between electric and
vacuum
releases depending on year and division. Just one more piece of
fascinating
trivia.
http://www.imperialclub.com/Yr/1963/PartsBook/TrunkLid.htm

Eric
Portland, Oregon

> Another mentioned a trunk release. There could be one, but in a semi
> recent
> thread on the issue, it appeared that the 1st factory installation of
> trunk
> releases were in 1963, and they were electric. Thats not to say that
> someone
> couldn't have retrofitted one or originally used an aftermarket type.

They were vaccume in 67 and 68 I know for sure, because both of my
cars have them? Does anyone else have a vaccume trunk release  in
their car?

-Hailey