IML: 65 Exhaust noise

Casey;
I went thru that with a '65 Crown Coupe not too long ago.  I put the new duals on with the crossover pipe, and thought she was a bit too noisy for an Imperial. Went back and added the resonators which are actually like Cherry Bombs, and that helped, but not still no cigar.  Some time later, I was under the car and noticed that the center carrier bearing insulator looked a bit tired, so I replaced it before it became a problem.  Voila!  I have no idea what the sagging insulator had to do with an exhaust boom in the car, but it was the final piece to the puzzle.  I do think the Imps need both the crossover pipe and the resonators on the duals, but also check that pesky insulator if it's still not right.
Cheers,
Roger
'65 Crown Coupe, and LeBaron