Re: IML: Straight 30 Oil?

This is an old argument I have had with Dick.  Dick lives in an area with little
temperature fluctuations between day and night or winter and summer.  So, using
a single weight oil is not as detrimental as it would be for most everybody
else.

Still, multiweight oils were well established in 1968 and rcommended by the
manufacturers.  So, even if there will be no immediate danger of damaging your
engine short term by using the "wrong oil", I see little benefit of using 40's
technology in a 60's car.

Yes, some old engines may need a thicker oil to hold oil pressure at hot idle.
But as long as you have 10 psi at idle, you are generally OK.

D^2