RE: IML: 64 Crown Steering Column Vibration Question

RE: IML: 64 Crown Steering Column Vibration Question

A cause of vibration on acceleration can be poor motor or transmission
mounts, in addition to shifting of the location of the driveline due to
motion at the back of the car.  This could be caused by a broken spring
leaf, or a missing/sheared off locating pin on the spring, or some other
structural problem in locating the rear axle.  If the car has a two piece
driveshaft, I'd first take a close look at the carrier bearing and the
rubber that holds it in place.  Then I'd check for slop or play in the left
side front motor mount.  Probably the trouble is going to be found in those
areas.

Dick Benjamin