RE: IML: 64 Crown Steering Column Vibration Question

RE: IML: 64 Crown Steering Column Vibration Question

Forgot to ask, are you sure you don?t have a miss on acceleration.

In my 69, with the poor condition of the left side motor mount, the engine
would shift enough that the #4 spark plug actually came close enough to the
upper control arm hardware on the right side to squash through the rubber
outer boot of the plug wire and temporarily short out the plug. I fought
that problem for a long time, until one day I noticed the car didn't vibrate
when backing up (the engine moves away from the right side in reverse).
Turned out the motor mount on the left front was physically OK, but badly
softened by an old oil leak, and I had not known about how soft it was.
Problem fixed permanently with a new motor mount.

It's worth a check!

Dick Benjamin