From: "Hailey (Morgan) Moore" <materialgurl@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: IML: annoying '68 headlight switch
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 03:10:59 -0400

hello

I have had some luck fixing the headlight switches, by taking them
appart by carefully bending the little tabs on the side enough to get
the bottom cover off, and then cleaning everything up inside, and
re-packing with electrical grease. I removed the breaker that is
located inside the switch, as it is the cause of most of the problems
I find. Once the switch is all cleaned up , you usualy can bend the
tabs enough with a small hammer and a punch to make them hold the
bottom on again. If that doesn't work clamp it on, and then use some
good epoxy or something like polyurathane glue to hold it securely
togeather. Then install the switch with a couple of relays for the
high and low beams so it only has to carry the current for the relay.
This worked great on my 67.

Has anyone else tried this?

-Hailey