Re: IML: Power Steering Hose

Although, I think that everything else said about the front end rebuild is probably true, that hose was ready to go, and would have, even if the front end had not been rebuilt. The lesson should be to make sure that your power steering pressure hose is fresh no matter what. If you are having other work done, go ahead and change it.

My '60 caught fire when this happened to me in 1968. Luckily, in my case, nothing was harmed, not even the insulation on the wires. I happened to have a box of baking soda with me at the time, and put out the fire that was burning on the exhaust manifold immediately. The foolish thing that I did was open the hood while the fire was burning. Yes, I saved the car, but it could have seriously burned me.

Paul