IML: Help me identify this engine

OK Folks I need more help here.

I beg of you if you can help identify an engine please read this e-mail!

I am looing at a car for a new member who is on the other side of the
country.  The car in question is a 62 Imperial and I am questioning
wheter the engine is correct because of the missing pad where the
stamps should be.

If you check this picture:  http://www.imperialclub.com/temp/1959/000_0709.jpg
you will hopefully see what I am talking about.  Did they move the pad
in '62?  The seller says its the correct engine and I don't want to
say its not and be wrong.

Looking at http://www.imperialclub.com/temp/1959/000_0718.jpg  you can
see the pad and stamping from my '59 parts car engine (note my real
engine is not this grungey!!!)

What do yall think?

                  Steve B.