[FWDLK] Undercoating

I have been doing some thinking.  At times this is dangerous.  Let me know
what the group feels about this idea.

I am restoring my 1956 Dodge Custom Royal.  The trunk floor and passenger
floor were replaced.  I had the body sand blasted clean of rust.  I want to
do two things.  One is to recover some body strength lost due to surface
rust and some small pin holes and two is to prevent further rusting.

After priming with Variprime (high Zinc etching primer), I think a coating
inside floor and under body with Urethane bed liner is a good idea.  This
material has a high tensile strength, is not brittle and bonds well to
primed surface.  Rocks will not have a chance to knock it off.  If you thin
the material 10% to 15% it will go on fairly smooth and build to about 80
mils in two coats.

This is not factory original, but I think this will be a most durable, water
proof, sound deadening approach.

What do you folks think?