[FWDLK] Temptations

For those of you who asked about my car (1958 Plymouth Savoy) in the
upcoming NBC miniseries "Temptations", here's the info:

On NBC
Sunday, November 1, 9-11 p.m. ET and
Monday, November 2, 9-11 p.m. ET (2 night special)

You'll be able to see my car in at least four scenes (supposedly), the
most memorable being when the main character, Williams,  is serenading a
girl, Josephine, on her way home from school.  When you hear "Earth
Angel" keep your eyes peeled.  The car right behind the "Detroit Diaper"
truck is my baby.

When Williams is later asking Josephine for a date on her front porch,
my car will be prominently in the background.

Keen-eyed folks will also notice my car outside of the window in the
night scene where Williams is picking up Josephine, and also during a
schoolyard shot, where I will be I will be driving my car off in the
distance in the back of the shot. (Behind the basketball court).

There is also another scene where Williams is trying to convince
someone's mom to let him join the band.  (The other guy is hiding behind
a tree).  My car is directly across the street.

And, if you see in a street scene, a white guy, wearing a brown fedora,
driving a red '58 Plymouth, that's me too.  =)

-Dave

Sunday, November 1, 9-11 p.m. ET and
Monday, November 2, 9-11 p.m. ET
THE TEMPTATIONS

REMARKABLE YOUNG CAST TO PORTRAY SINGING SENSATIONS ‘THE
TEMPTATIONS’

Motown Legend Suzanne de Passe to Serve as Executive Producer

They were rhythm and blues royalty. Possessors of a soul-stirring sound
that was
equal parts doo-wop, pop and hip-hop. Five singers who created a sound
and style
that would redefine the boundaries of popular song. They were the
Temptations, and
this is their story.

Former top Motown executive Suzanne de Passe ("The Jacksons: An American

Dream," "Lonesome Dove") heads a superb production team that will
recount the
odyssey of the seminal soul quintet that, through various incarnations,
created some
of the most memorable music of the past 40 years. A multi-talented young
cast, led
by Leon ("Oz"), Terron Brooks ("Hangin’ With Mr. Cooper"), DB Woodside
("The
Practice"), Christian Payton ("U.S. Marshals") and Charles Malik
Whitfield ("Touched
by an Angel") will portray the ‘classic’ Temptations lineup of David
Ruffin, Eddie
Kendricks, Melvin Franklin, Paul Williams and Otis Williams.

"The Temptations" examines the real-life "Ball of Confusion" when the
group finds
fame with a string of hits such as "My Girl," "Get Ready," "(I Know) I’m
Losing You"
and "Ain’t Too Proud To Beg." The telefilm also reveals the ego
pressures and drug
and alcohol abuse that accompanied the band’s meteoric rise from
street-side
harmonizing to Motown legend. Despite the fact that Ruffin was replaced
by Dennis
Edwards in 1968, the hits continued with "I’m Gonna Make You Love Me,"
"Just My
Imagination" and "Psychedelic Shack." During a ten-year period
(1965-1975) the
Temptations had 16 No. 1 singles on the Billboard charts and received
three Grammy
Awards. Three of their songs are on The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame’s
list of "500
Songs that Shaped Rock and Roll." Featuring original recordings of some
of the
best-known music from the 1960s and 1970s, "The Temptations" is sure to
leave
viewers on "Cloud Nine."

Suzanne Coston ("Motown 40: The Music is Forever," "Buffalo Girls") and
David
Picker ("The Crucible," "Arliss") will join de Passe as executive
producers of "The
Temptations.". Jay Benson ("Before Women Had Wings") is the producer.
Alan
Arkush ("Rock ’n’ Roll High School," "Elvis Meets Nixon") directs from a
teleplay by
Kevin Arkadie ("NYPD Blue," "New York Undercover"), Robert P. Johnson
("Tyson")
and Alan Landsburg ("If Someone Had Known," "Terror in the Night").
(NOTE: Credits
do not reflect final billing. Writing credits pending Writers Guild
arbitration.)

"The Temptations" is produced by de Passe Entertainment in association
with
Hallmark Entertainment for NBC.